Feature doesn't work properly

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Hi,

I just tested this feature and I think it is a great idea for a useful feature.

Unfortunately there are two issues that prevent me from using it:

1. If you add new members to a page, they won't get the alert subscription
  2. It does only work if you open the specific list or library and start it from there. If you add a Document Library or list to the page and try to run the "Alert Group" action from the full toolbar, then it does not work!

The second issue might be following:

Fix For Bug With CustomAction (with source code)

CustomAction and {ListId} token bug : JavaScript to the rescue

Is anybody facing the same problems?

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Hi,

For the first issue, it takes into account all people who are in the group at the moment of alert creation. When I'll have time, I will modify the feature to deal with changes made on groups (new member, removed member).

About the second issue, I will throws an eye on the links you've posted and if needed, will modify the feature in the next weeks.

Kind regards,
Jerome Noirfalise

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM
jnoirfal wrote:

Hi,

For the first issue, it takes into account all people who are in the group at the moment of alert creation. When I'll have time, I will modify the feature to deal with changes made on groups (new member, removed member).

About the second issue, I will throws an eye on the links you've posted and if needed, will modify the feature in the next weeks.

Kind regards,
Jerome Noirfalise

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the wonderful job. This feature has helped us in creating Bulk alerts for our users. With reference to the above the posts, we are anxiously waiting for the fix to the 'First issue'. In our site, there are new users registering almost every day, so it is becoming tedious to keep a track of the alerts. We understand you are busy in other things, but could you give us a rough idea when this issue will be resolved.

Thanks,

HB

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Hi,

I'll do my best to fix the first issue for the beginning of November.

Best regards,
Jérôme

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:28 AM
Edited Dec 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Thanks!

Sent: Dienstag, 15. September 2009 13:28
To: Vassilios Tziavaras - QIAGEN
Subject: Re: Feature doesn't work properly [AdvancedAlert:64519]

Hi,

I'll do my best to fix the first issue for the beginning of November.

Best regards,
Jérôme

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Hi Jerome

Great work!!

Have you found a fix to the first issue?

Best regards

SAV

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Do we have the fix for the 1st issue. We are keenly waiting for this fix. Could you please help us by releasing the fix at the earliest.