How to remove alerts

Aug 29, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Is there a way to remove an alert after you have created it for a group?
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2008 at 8:22 AM
In fact, when creating an alert for a group, the feature retrieves all the users of the selected group and creates an alert for each user.
So, there is no easy way to remove the alert for the group. The only one which can be fastidious is to remove the alert individually for each user of the group via the link "User Alerts" in the the "Site Settings" section.
Nov 6, 2008 at 5:54 PM
So, do I understand correctly that Advanced Alert creates a static individual alert for each person who is a member of the SharePoint Group at the time the Advanced Alert is created, just like the built-in alert creates a series of individual alerts if you include more than one person in the Person and Groups field? That would mean that if the membership of the SharePoint Group changes (either by adding or removing someone), the Advanced Alert would not account for the change, and alerts would continue to go out based on the membership of the group at the time the Advanced Alert was created, regardless of changes in the group membership after that moment. Is that correct?

Do you know of a way to set up an alert for the members of a SharePoint Group that can account for future changes to the membership of that group?

By the way, thank you for creating this solution and making it available for free.

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Yes, it's correct. It creates alerts for each users of the group at the time the Advanced Alert is created.

Unfortunately, I don't know a way to set up an alert which takes in account the future changes of a group. If I find a solution for this problem, I will share it and update Advanced Alert.